How is personal data processed for the purposes of the Website?
ORLEN SA. has appointed a Data Protection Officer who may be contacted on all matters regarding personal data processing and exercise of related rights.
Detailed data of the Data Protection Officer at ORLEN S.A. are available at www.orlen.pl in the "Contacts" tab. If you want to contact the Data Protection Officer, please use the following contact details:
- address: address of the registered office of ORLEN with additional information “Inspektor Ochrony Danych” (Data Protection Officer)
- e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the purpose of processing your personal data?
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of service provision by ORLEN. Your data may also be processed to tailor the Website’s content to your interests, detect any instances of improper use, perform statistical measurements, improve the quality of ORLEN’s services, answer your queries and and fraud detection. In addition, your data may be processed with your consent in order to send the requested information from the Website.
How long will your personal data be stored?
As regards ORLEN services, your data will be processed for the period in which these services are provided and, sometimes, after that period, but only if permitted or required by applicable laws, e.g. for statistical or accounting purposes, or to exercise legal claims. In such cases, your data will be processed as long as necessary for the fulfilment of these purposes or until you have objected to it or until you have finished using the services. As for personal data processed with your consent, e.g. in order to send the ordered information from the Website, these data will be processed until the consent is withdrawn.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
With respect to ORLEN’s services provided in connection with the Website, your data will be processed in accordance with Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR (processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party).
As regards adapting the Website’s content to your ways of using and marketing ORLEN's own products or services, performing statistical measurements, enhancing services, and answering your queries, your data will be processed in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR (processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by ORLEN). The legitimate interests pursued by the controller include customising the Website’s content to your needs, ensuring the security of these services, as well as their constant enhancement.
With regard to sending the ordered information from the Website to personal data provided on the Website, the basis for processing is art. 6 (1)(a) of the GDPR (consent).
Requirement to provide data
Providing your personal data is necessary for proper provision of services by ORLEN. If you do not provide such data, it will be impossible for ORLEN to provide its services.
Processing your data for the other purposes, i.e. to adapt the Website’s content to your interests, perform statistical measurements and enhance services on the Website, is necessary to ensure high service quality. If we do not collect your personal data for these purposes, we may be unable to properly provide our services.
Who will receive your personal data?
Your data may be provided to entities processing personal data for the controller, such as IT services providers and marketing agencies. Such entities process the data under an agreement with the controller and only in accordance with the controller’s instructions.
What are your rights related to the processing of your personal data?
You have the following rights in connection with our processing of your personal data:
- the right to access your data,
- the right to have your data rectified,
- the right to have your data erased (in certain situations),
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority competent for the protection of personal data,
- the right to restrict the processing of personal data. If your data is processed on the basis of your consent or as part of a service provided to you (the data is necessary to provide the service), you may also exercise the following rights:
- the right to withdraw your consent to the extent it provides the basis for data processing. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- the right to personal data portability, i.e. the right to receive your personal data from your data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may provide such data to another data controller.
To exercise the above rights, please contact the data controller or the Data Protection Officer. The contact details are presented above.
We inform you may file a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.